TARFish is the fully independent peak body representing the interests of recreational marine fishers in Tasmania.
The objectives of TARFish are primarily to:
- Provide a forum for recreational fishers to raise relevant issues;
- Represent the interests of recreational marine fishers in communication with stakeholders;
- Communicate information to recreational marine fishers;
- Educate the community on environmental and recreational marine fishing issues;
- Promote the wise use and conservation of fish stocks and habitat, and
- Promote research into recreational marine fishing issues.
TARFish is very keen to build a strong association which truly reflects the concerns of those who have an interest in recreational marine fishing.
TARFish was established in 2004 to provide the following benefits to recreational marine fishers:
- The identification and resolution of issues causing concern to recreational marine fishers;
- The strength of a single unified voice speaking to government, industry and the community;
- The communication of information;
- The promotion of good fishing practices;
- The education of the community on respect for the environment;
- The pursuit of research into recreational marine fishing concerns and
- The promotion of happy fishing.
TARFish is funded from the licence fees paid by recreational marine fishers in Tasmania.
Chief Executive Officer
GPO Box 2198
Telephone: 1300 665 225
Mobile: 0403 868 004